3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Outlet / Auxiliary Electrical Outlet

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
rab228
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Outlet / Auxiliary Electrical Outlet

Hello and thanks for looking at my thread. I am new to Dodge Forum. I have been here several times but have just recently signed up. I've looked through several threads and am not able to find any info on what I've got going on. Any Help is much appreciated. I own a 2008 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad cab with a Hemi motor in it.

My issue today is the Aux. power outlet. I have have a caution light that I use when I plow. It pulls alot of amps. I use to regularly blow the cigarette lighter fuse when I used this light. After some research I found it was better to put it into the Aux power outlet because it is a direct feed. I ran the light for some time to test it and see if it would work and it did for awhile. Eventually the plug that went into the outlet started melting and caused the fuse to blow. Today I replaced the fuse and it still is not working. I then looked at the inside of the socket and it appears to be fine. I pulled the trim off and checked everything behind it and it appears to be fine. Fuse #38 is the one I replaced and it had a 20 amp fuse in it and thats what I replaced it with.

Second part. In the power distribution center at fuse #38. there is three holes for that particular fuse. Can someone explain that to me and also remind me what 2 slots the fuse goes in to.

Quick Reply: Power Outlet / Auxiliary Electrical Outlet