3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

It's a sad day. Truck is rusting away.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM
That1guy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_sorenson
i did a really thoruogh write up on treatment of this, ill see if i can find it. also, lmc started offering bedsides for 3rd gens recently btw
Yeah, but they are like 600 a side! That's about 25% the value of the truck. The patch panels are only 80 a side. I kept my truck fairly clean. The older guy I bought it off of took great care and then i drove it to college and it spent most the year in a parking garage out of the weather. The paint bubbled in about 7 years. Kinda crazy. I haven't seen many 3rd gens with this so far around here. Luck of the draw I guess. If the truck wasnt 11 years old and didnt book so low I would save and have it fixed at a shop, but if it turns out a 5 ft paint job I would okay with it. I just dont want it to keep spreading. I wont be able to afford another truck anytime soon. Damn student loans....

Someone above posted about a write up. That would be great if you find the link.

Quick Reply: It's a sad day. Truck is rusting away.