3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Monday blues......big red smoked a toyo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 AM
robinsonfam1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monday blues......big red smoked a toyo...

bad day yesterday.....dropped my son off at school and was going home. some 16 year old kid decided not to yield for oncoming traffic. i was the oncoming traffic.

my 04 smacked into the pass front corner of the little toyo taco and destroyed it at 30 mph. i drove home he didnt. we both walked away from the wreck (thankfully!)

im almost certain they are going to total my truck. im so ticked off. its an awesome truck.

ill post pics later

BR

Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 AM
robinsonfam1
Rookie
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks man. Hopefully they won't total out your truck. Was the 16yr appropriately charged?

Where in Ga are you?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear about your truck buddy... but if they do total it hopefully they give you enough for a nice upgrade...?

Glad you are okay, as that is the important part.

I foresee a Cummins in your future...

Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 AM
hemi4109
Veteran

That Tonka truck looks fairly new and probably wasn't his so I'm guessing mommy or daddy wasn't too happy with him when they had to walk to work this morning. Ah well at least everyone is ok.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad everyone is ok. If they total it, maybe you can buy it back

Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
V10Rampower
Amateur

saw the pics, hopefully everything get settled and you get the better end of the deal...upgrade

Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think the insurance co. will total out that truck.
Last summer my 2001 Ram Sport was hit from behind and shoved into the car in front of it by some girl in a Charger.
The insurance co. spent $4,400 dollars to repair it, minus my deductible.
They originally estimated it at about $2,700, but the shop insisted the "Sport Truck" parts were alot more than the standard SLT/Laramie parts. I think the bump shop screwed them.
They should pay to fix your truck.
The pictures in my album dont show that the bed moved fordward and hit the right rear corner of the cab, the bed had to be removed to fix the dent in the cab.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...90-albums.html

Last edited by 40intrepid; 02-12-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

yeah im not sure about the insurance yet. been playing phone tag with the adjuster. its pretty close to totaled. from what i hear the insurance co will base value on private party retail vs dealer retail. that is a $4K difference!!!! i am pretty sure they will give me an offer of about $8K and I will have to fight them to get to over $12K. i cant find another truck with half the same options/features any where near me. im looking out 250 miles too! that is without spending way too much.

Damages i can see and im not an auto body guy at all! lol
all coolers on front are leaking. trans is almost empty. pwr steer is empty. wild whining sound on front of engine and rattling. something in the front end clunks and translates into the steering wheel. cant open hood to see anything but i know that alot of the grille etc is laying inside the compartment i can see through wells.
both front fenders, hood, bumper, fogs, head lights, etc....basically whole front clip plus pass door: caught flying debris and has bad scratch needing sand and paint job. retractable tonneau cover slammed into case and doesnt work right now. prolly needs adjusting but....
front pass tire scrubbed tire on way home and ate corner off. (new firestone AT's on 20's)

im sure theres more, thats just what i can see plus all brackets etc......

Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

Originally Posted by stewie01
That sucks man. Hopefully they won't total out your truck. Was the 16yr appropriately charged?

Where in Ga are you?
Savannah area.

Quick Reply: Monday blues......big red smoked a toyo...