3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?

Okay, I currently have three supercharged street vehicles and have had many others, both street and race. I also have a twin-turbo race-car (299 c.i., 1100 hp). The short and quick answer is the Kenne Bell twin-screw for the street. The best in many ways. My wife is currently running a pretty large one on one of her street cars.

Generally, though I race turbos, I am not a fan of them on the street. I would strongly suggest you find one like you are interest in to drive (or at least ride in) before buying.

I've discussed this at greater length in other threads here.

All the best, no matter what you choose

Old 09-17-2005, 12:16 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

034v, I've got a superchips program on mine to reduce the shift lag but have done nothing with the converter lockup. Unless you go with a standalone trans program from PCS you probably won't have any control over the trans.

Old 09-17-2005, 12:17 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

Avanti, I agree the twin-screw is the deal especially with trucks. Unfortunately......no twin-screw.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:40 PM
034v

ORIGINAL: hemifever

034v, I've got a superchips program on mine to reduce the shift lag but have done nothing with the converter lockup. Unless you go with a standalone trans program from PCS you probably won't have any control over the trans.
Do you have more info on this PCS? Like a link or something. This would be great if I could get this converter to act better without changing it.

Thanks.

Old 09-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Avanti
Captain

hemifever:

Yes, though advertised in the mags for a while, I just saw on their web-site that the KB for the hemi has been delayed. This isn't good, especially since the kit for another vehicle I own (and follow the development of) has also been delayed from the originally reported release date. In the latter case reprogramming of the computer is commonly performed by many tuners and easily accomplished. If there is a delay in such a situation, unfortunately, I'd not hold my breath waiting for the hemi version. Mucking with Chrysler's computer seems to be an entirely different bag of worms.

However, based on past products, if/when KB gets the tuning correct, this will be THE street setup, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone can do the bolt-ons, the tuning is what makes it transparent or a constant b***h!

Later.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:52 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

ORIGINAL: 034v

Do you have more info on this PCS? Like a link or something. This would be great if I could get this converter to act better without changing it.

Thanks.
http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/

They have the trans control program on the front page. I have a friend with an STS turbo on his '03 hemi. I think the original program from them is for a 45-rfe but my friend had it put on his 545-rfe. The shop that did it is very good and also put in his Tec 3r standalone pcm. He got 476rwhp at 7psi using the standalone engine system. The engine system runs $2200 and the trans control I THINK is under a grand.

Quick Reply: STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?