3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 10:40 PM
badblackhemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?

which one should i get for my hemi

Old 09-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Premier Truck
Banned
Default RE: STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?

STS Turbo All the way

Old 09-14-2005, 10:50 PM
badblackhemi
Rookie

but with the boost upgrade cant u get 223 hp added to the rear wheels... i dont think the turbo will give u those numbers

Old 09-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Premier Truck
Banned

If the GS kit will give you 223HP to the wheel extra then i would say go with that.

To be honest, i cant beleive they can get an additional 223HP out of that truck.

How will the tranny hold up???? That would be the biggest concern.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:09 AM
HemiBuell
Captain

The STS seems so smart to keep the heat that far away from the engine bay. However it also seems like a 10 piece screwdriver. Lots of extra oil line and intake tubing.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:31 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd deffinitly go with a supercharger. the numbers the sc can put up compared to a turbo on these trucks deffinitly points towards a sc. plus a charger whine on a hemi would sound alot cooler then a blow off valve of a turbo. just my opinioin tho

Old 09-16-2005, 09:58 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

I think the sc is easier to drive around with in an "out of the box form". But the turbos are putting down far better #'s. My dyno at 9psi is 450rwhp and 525rwtq and stopped the pull at the speedlimiter so the power was still climbing. Kenihemi put down 415hp at 7psi. You hear the turbo spooling through the exhaust just as soon as you touch the gas and when you let off while cruising you hear it spool down. With this setup, you hear a lot more than the BOV. It sounds like a chipped diesel with 4" exhaust if you've ever heard the turbo flutter/whistle through the pipes on those.

Y'all probably seen my video but this is a 4x4 QC with 92# aftermarket 20's. This is at 5.5 psi and I usually run 8psi on the street. Excuse the country music.

http://www.enterprisesecuritysolutio...ter4/STS-2.MPG

Old 09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
034v

ORIGINAL: hemifever

I think the sc is easier to drive around with in an "out of the box form". But the turbos are putting down far better #'s. My dyno at 9psi is 450rwhp and 525rwtq and stopped the pull at the speedlimiter so the power was still climbing. Kenihemi put down 415hp at 7psi. You hear the turbo spooling through the exhaust just as soon as you touch the gas and when you let off while cruising you hear it spool down. With this setup, you hear a lot more than the BOV. It sounds like a chipped diesel with 4" exhaust if you've ever heard the turbo flutter/whistle through the pipes on those.

Y'all probably seen my video but this is a 4x4 QC with 92# aftermarket 20's. This is at 5.5 psi and I usually run 8psi on the street. Excuse the country music.

http://www.enterprisesecuritysolutio...ter4/STS-2.MPG

So you have an STS kit as well? Did you do the transmission pressure mod to lock the converter? If so, does it work ok for you or are you having issues?

I installed an STS GT67 kit on a 2005 2500 Hemi 4x4, with 42# injectors and Split-Second Tuner but not the pigtail mod. I know these trannys dont last long stock so I kept it off. I am currently looking for a programer to lock the T/C with instead of the pigtail, so the turbo will spool better.

SCT and Hypertech are out of the question as they do not do the trick.[>:]

Old 09-16-2005, 02:57 PM
frogslinger
Captain

does anyone have a link for the GS kit?

Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.gsmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: STS TURBO OR GS MOTORSPORTS SC?