3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Reverse issue maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 PM
bigbobsaget
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse issue maybe?

I have a 05 ram, 4.7 2wd. 110K miles on it. I just wanted to see if anyone else done this before and had a similar result, i pulled into my drive way today and shut the truck off in park as usual but then I decided I needed to pull back a bit more so I started the truck back up but before it turned all the way over i put it in reverse, when the motor got to fully spinning it would not back up at all, acted like it was in neutral, i then put it in park then put it back into neutral and it worked just fine. Its never done anything slipping or any transmission related issues before so maybe its a saftey feature I fell upon? anyhow, thanks for feed back guys.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like you have no problem at all. I wouldn't call that a safety feature, I would just call that lack of patience. Strange things can happen in a situation like you describe. I would say the quick shift confused the solenoids in the trans. Nothing to worry about.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:53 AM
bigbobsaget
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, thank you! I was hoping someone would say something like that as opposed to symptom of transmission doom lingering in the trucks near future!

Quick Reply: Reverse issue maybe?