3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pacesetter Headers on my 04 ram 2500 hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
msorbara10
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Headers on my 04 ram 2500 hemi?

Hey guys, Just wondering if these headers will work on my 04 2500 hemi? Many people seem to love these headers and they seemed to be priced right. They say its for a 1500 and I have heard that it will not work for a 2500 and I cant seem why. Its the same engine just a little more heavy duty truck.
Will I be ok using these headers on my ram? If not what other suggestions you got for longtube headers? Something that is priced right with good preformance
Thanks

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2608A0A0.aspx

Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
pocompton
Amateur

I've made a couple threads in the past on this. I have a 06 ram 2500 hemi. Apparently they do not line up exactly from what I've heard. Kind of crappy as I have had a broken bolt on my manifold for over a year now (sounds like a tin can.) If you don't get any help from here, your best bet would probably be going to an exhaust shop and ordering the part off of them and having them install it. This way the blame will fall on them . Hopefully you and I get a solid answer on this though.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
msorbara10
Rookie

got any links to the threads? Its just hard to believe it wont line up exactly. I guess if I couldnt get these headers I would like some good longtubes that will fit my truck and fish out the money for them. My manifolds look like crap

Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM
SilverHemiDan
Rookie

Originally Posted by pocompton
I've made a couple threads in the past on this. I have a 06 ram 2500 hemi. Apparently they do not line up exactly from what I've heard. Kind of crappy as I have had a broken bolt on my manifold for over a year now (sounds like a tin can.) If you don't get any help from here, your best bet would probably be going to an exhaust shop and ordering the part off of them and having them install it. This way the blame will fall on them . Hopefully you and I get a solid answer on this though.
here is some for 06-08
http://www.americanracingheaders.com...emi%20Ram.html

I dont think there is anything out there for the 2004's,without it being modified(customized)....but I'm not sure

Old 03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
msorbara10
Rookie

Was there any difference in the 06-08 2500's as opposed to the 2004? I cant see there being much of a diffifference between them

Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 PM
SilverHemiDan
Rookie

Originally Posted by msorbara10
Was there any difference in the 06-08 2500's as opposed to the 2004? I cant see there being much of a diffifference between them
I'm not sure.I'm doing some research.(asking some vendors for some info)
I will let you know what I come up with

Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
adamj546
Rookie

I cant remember but something tells me mds was integrated in either 05 or 06 I cant remember the exact year so if that is the case then I would expect there to be a difference but i may be wrong

Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 AM
msorbara10
Rookie

Yea I know MDS started in the 06 and up models. How would mds have affects on the headers?

Old 03-09-2013, 05:22 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headers make sense if you can run the ex pipes stright back, or out the left or right side, on 4x4 2500 5.7 flue tank and transfer case or in the way, so you can never really balance out the ex flow.

Speaking from a money standpoint, your better off running a cat back kit and leaving the y pipe in place.

Im on anothier go arround with my true daul ex system, I had the y pipe removed and ran two 2.5 in mufflers, after 6 years, the whole conversion is shot and needs to be all re done.

In hindsight I should have kept the stock ex in place, any savings in flue or gain in hp don't even out when you need to replace the whole system all over again.

How ofton are you going to run a 2500 hemi flat out to gain the extra hp, may be 5 hp, when you redo all the ex pipes.

Are header bolts going to be compatable with the Aluim heads on the hemi?

Speaking from personal expireance, the money you may thank you can invest in headers and new ex pipes is going to cost twice as much..

Old 03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
msorbara10
Rookie

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Headers make sense if you can run the ex pipes stright back, or out the left or right side, on 4x4 2500 5.7 flue tank and transfer case or in the way, so you can never really balance out the ex flow.

Speaking from a money standpoint, your better off running a cat back kit and leaving the y pipe in place.

Im on anothier go arround with my true daul ex system, I had the y pipe removed and ran two 2.5 in mufflers, after 6 years, the whole conversion is shot and needs to be all re done.

In hindsight I should have kept the stock ex in place, any savings in flue or gain in hp don't even out when you need to replace the whole system all over again.

How ofton are you going to run a 2500 hemi flat out to gain the extra hp, may be 5 hp, when you redo all the ex pipes.

Are header bolts going to be compatable with the Aluim heads on the hemi?

Speaking from personal expireance, the money you may thank you can invest in headers and new ex pipes is going to cost twice as much..
So I guess true duals are a no go then. Theres a Borla exhaust thats a dual system that I had my eye on and I feel it would be a good combo with new longtubes. The reason why I am so set on putting in new longtube is I can see the stock manifolds getting rotten and I want to replace them with something that will benifit my truck in a positive way. Your right im not going to have the petal to the floor very often but in the future I plan on putting a lift on it and I would like all the horsepower I can get. I want to stuff right the first time so thats why I am trying to figure everything out now. I know the costs may not outway each other like you said, and I dont want to just blow money away but I do put extra money into my truck so if I have to spend $800 for headers, $500 for new cats, and $700 on a new exhaust then I will do it. I will take your advice and not do true duals. I figured it would be hard to accomplish. Got any sugestions with the set up that I mentioned? It wont be a true dual but it will be a dual wich is what I am looking for. I have a flowmaster super 40 muffler in it now. It sounds great but when I replace everything I want something that will flow a lot better.
Thanks for the tips

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Headers on my 04 ram 2500 hemi?