3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip FINALLY.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 03:16 AM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip FINALLY.....

Ok, boys and girls, this is the real thing, yup, uncle GUIDO went and got a new superchip for his toy.....and after reading and speaking to a rep at the Co., I set it up and hmmmmm, well,

I am Really, Really, surprised........it has definately shown a marketed increase in power, performance, and shifting.....
I am learning the unit, and plan on seeing if there are better settings for me....but so far, by the seat of my pants, I am impressed........................simply put, "she runs like a raped ape"............
Let me know if anyone else has a new S-chip for their 04-05 hemi...love to hear from ya, regarding its improvements.....
Later...................GUIDO

Old 09-16-2005, 03:58 AM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: Superchip FINALLY.....

Glad to hear you are happy with it. I'm always leary of these things to some degree. Vehicle manufactures have a good reason to tune vehicles to run somewhat rich to minimize risk of damage under conditions that potentially cause the engine to lean out. Today's computer controls are usually far better at regulating mixture than in the past, especially with ever more stringent emission regulations.

However, I'm sure there is still some power to be gained in remapping fuel in some circumstances. As a racer, though, who has spent considerable time on the engine dyno, I'm also aware that most engines make greatest power when messing with fuel... just before blowing up! [X(]

Under high-load situations I think I'd opt for the factory tune over the aftermarket.

Keep us informed of your ex[expiences and how you use your truck.

All the best.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:08 PM
HemiRam9
Default RE: Superchip FINALLY.....

Just got mine today and have to say wow. Really can tell a horsepower increase and harder shifting I increased my rev limiter from 5800 to 6000 and that made a huge difference. Glad your satisfied with it I know I am they made a great product for the 04-05 hemi.

Quick Reply: Superchip FINALLY.....