3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Neverenuff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help!!!

Well I've owned almost every type of aftermarket headlight and just want to hear what type and different kind of HID is the best for the $$$. I own a 2008 Ram and have had wires fryed and Silverstars die one after the other. Just so fed up with every shop I tell my story to and their fix! Just another $10 of my money. Any help would be appreciated..

Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you'll have to elaborate to us a little more on what you put in there that "fried*" the wiring?

My personal preference is to go to the retrofit source for my HID stuff... but people will each have their own favorite.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Neverenuff
Default Zeon bulbs

I was using a higher than stock bulb which isn't recommended by Mopar. I would like HID plug and play if possible..

Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well then I hope you didn't damage the multifunction switch...

If you want HID plug & Play then buy this:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=18639

If it doesn't work once you wire it up then you busted your multifunction switch....

Live and Learn buddy Happens to the best of us.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have run Silverstars for 4 years and never lost one bulb or wiring. I do a lot of driving in the dark too.
Just make sure yiu get HID's that are in projector housings. I am going to start shooting out the lights of these douchebags that put them in where they shine everywhere and right into my glare sensitive eyes. Those types should be illegal in city limits.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Neverenuff
Default HID problems

This is what I'm afraid of, I don't have projector housings. IWhen i installed my Silverstars we always wore cotton gloves and cleaned the bulbs with alcohol. The reason I fried some wires was a Zeon extra watage bulb. Almost got a ticket from our local boys in blue. They were way too bright.. What about the Silverstar Ultras??