3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 1500 blower motor question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Cloverleaf_farms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 1500 blower motor question

Let me start with, I have searched the forum and found quite a bit of discussion regarding this topic, but have not seen anything that answers me specific questions.

Bad karma got me, and my wife let me know it. We purchased a new 2008 1500, in 2007 or 2008. A year or two after we purchased, we would notice a rattle every now and then when we would turn on the HVAC blower. Messing with the ON/OFF/speed switch usually cleared up the noise. Lately (the last couple of weeks) it has gotten worse and worse, where the slight rattle has turned into either a loud rattle or a squeal. I have unscrewed the three screws holding the motor assembly up, and disconnected the wiring harness. Sure enough the shaft the fan/squirrel cage is mounted to has some wiggle on it.

So here is the question:

Is this unit (TYC 700012 HVAC Blower Motor) a complete drop in and replace kind of thing? Motor and fan included? Is it a decent replacement brand? if not, could somebody recommend a different replacement?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Cloverleaf_farms

Welp, I have gotten no replies, and it is quite cold in North Carolina right now (I know it's colder further north, but I'm not there). So I bit the bullet an ordered one, I will let the forum know how it turns out.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I can not give any info on that part number because I do not know the brand or where it is sold. Usually, you just replace the motor, The squirrel cage us usually sold separate.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Cloverleaf_farms

It's been a while, but just to let you know, the unit referenced is an all in one motor and fan, and it has performed quite nicely. I would recommend to attach the wiring harness prior to mounting the blower / fan assembly. It would only run on high, so I ordered a resistor and everything is now working fine.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: 2008 1500 blower motor question