3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"possible" wierd Superchips problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:17 AM
my05_hemi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "possible" wierd Superchips problem...

OK A little background...
Got a 05 QC AWD Hemi 20".. Came from factory with a RBQ 6 disk head unit.
During the 1st week (9000 miles ago) I swapped it out for a RAZ CD/Cassette unit. No problems with this swap.

About 3 months ago I installed a XM Direct unit.
http://www.myradiostore.us/xm-radio-...01-chy100.html
Unit has worked fine from install.

Now the problem; Since I flashed the truck with the Flashpaq Tuner (87,6100,140,31.75) I've had a problem with the radio changing volume and stations by itself. Normally I would not expect any type or interaction like this but since this is a PCI controlled truck who knows..

I have not returned the truck to stock yet and prob won't till I speak to Superchips.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "possible" wierd Superchips problem...

The timing of the problem may be purely coincidental. When things occur close together (in time and or space) we tend to assume a connection and sometimes there is not.

Typically, the engine computer has nothing to do with, nor interface with something like the stereo, UNLESS there is a common problem with grounding somewhere. The latter is especially important with computer controlled functions.

Check your grounds and attendent connections to the stereo components first, imho.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: "possible" wierd Superchips problem...