3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electronic Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 AM
weim_myst
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Issue

I have a 04 Ram 2500 HD with 5.7L Hemi. The right side low beam quit working so I started checking all the usual suspects and could not find my gremlin! So I paid the stealership $100 and they told me “it’s your FCM” so I replaced the FCM and yes I was fixed! 6 days later my gremlin found me and the same issue was back. So I went back to the stealership again another $100 later the same 18yr old tech says “it’s your IPM” so I bought a new IPM installed it and now I have a right side low beam that does not function and now new to my gremlin the airbag light is on and stays on! Can someone please help me because if I return to the dealership again you will hear about it on the news!!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats the problem with listening to a diagnosis and then trying to do it yourself. If the guy was wrong, and he does the work, you can always go back at him and get him to do other fixes at a discount or for free since he was wrong. If the guy is wrong, and you do the work, you're out everything.

I usually say either diagnose it and fix it yourself, or have someone else diagnose and fix it. Don't usually try to mix and match those two. I will move this to the correct section to get you more help.

For future reference:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...s-section.html

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 AM
weim_myst
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if I had a dodge dealer’s diagnostic computer I would not have gone to the Stealership! And pay $800+ for parts? My buddy has a repair business and his 15K Snap-On computer said it was a computer module but did not say which one! Dodge keeps that info for themselves! The only problem is their parts changers that work at the Stealership don't know either! And they told me that if they did it there they would not stand behind it because they don't stand behind electrical components of labor! So why pay $800 for parts then $200 for labor when I matched part #'s and put in brandnew components they said to for $200 total. I have $200 in them being wrong! I only took it there the 2nd time because they were wrong the first time!

Quick Reply: Electronic Issue