3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Start Me Up...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM
AKCallahan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Izero
I think he means "borrow" a friends battery... lol

Either way go buy a battery and let us know whats up.
New battery installed...fixed THAT issue.

Leaking issue.. sunroof doesn't close all the way when it returns to the fully front position.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your electrical problem is fixed.

FYI something interesting I learned this weekend from an automotive engineer friend of mine.... those "load" tests at major parts stores don't tell you anything useful, they only tell you that the battery is accepting a charge.

The "fail" criteria is pretty narrow so if there is just one bad cell they don't usually pick it up, because the battery accepts a full charge and usually bleeds it off after a few hours of sitting idle.

He was telling me that there are some testers out there that do a fantastic job, but they are very expensive and usually require a full 8 hours to fully test the battery, so those 10-20minute testers are garbage in comparison.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who might stumble upon this thread.

Quick Reply: Start Me Up...