3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Are there any better/safer jump seat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wshtb
SUV is even worse in my personal ranking of cars. I'd rather get a minivan for hauling people and keep the truck for large cargo.
Your $, Your Call.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:10 PM
colbyj1986
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have people that ride with me. If I have more then 4 that's gonna be in the truck then we take my Yukon. And truly if you wanted to you could add a shoulder belt. Most SUV have belts in the seats now. Might want to check in something like that

Old 08-14-2013, 05:44 PM
goingforthegreen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default middle front seatbelt

I have been looking at exactly the same issue. I currently have an f250 with a bench seat in the front. I have 4 children, so with my wife and I, that makes 6. We took a long vacation trip last summer and I purchased an aftermarket shoulder strap that is used for school buses. Goes under the seat and around the shoulders. It was safer than the lap belt for sure but the kids hated it.

I am currently looking for a new truck and went to the dodge dealer and was surprised to see that their middle seat is STILL only a lap belt. I love the new dodge truck but just don't feel safe with the lap belt only. The new fords 2011 (or 2012, I can't remember) and older all have the shoulder straps. I'm not sure why they haven't switched yet... I wish they would. The shoulder strap is obviously safer. I'm pretty much I a predicament; get the truck I want (the dodge) or the apparent safer truck for my family (the ford).

Old 08-14-2013, 06:43 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The centre seats don't have head rests so I would not worry too much about the belt.
Steve

Quick Reply: Are there any better/safer jump seat?