3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help!! Engine Revs up 500rpm when coming to a stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM
mzepeda13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Engine Revs up 500rpm when coming to a stop

I have a 03 Dodge Ram 4.7l all stock, with the airraid system being the only modification. I started noticing the rpms jump when coming to a stop when my O2 sensor when out, being swamped at work i procrastinated about a month before changing it but after i changed it still continued. I have changed the iac, pcv, transmission service, changed spark plugs and problem persists. Something i have noticed tho is that when i clean out the inside of the throttle it seems to fix the problem for only about a week, then it starts up again. Any ideas? Can it be the tps? Could waiting so long to change O2 sensor, messed something up? There is no check engine light on

Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing the 02 sensor had no effect because it plays no role in the system which you are describing.

It sounds to be like you've got a bad TPS or a partially stuck IAC. My question is this: did you disconnect the battery while performing the work? If so, you were resetting the PCM's learned ranges for the TPS. I would think this may be the problem as you stated that it came back after a week.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:51 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick Reply: Help!! Engine Revs up 500rpm when coming to a stop