3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

brake controller connector fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Default brake controller connector fun

Bought the brake controller harness (p/n 56045795ab rev a1) from the local dodge dealer.

Good thing i checked the actual pins for voltages before i connected to the brake controller. The wires in the connector (that plug into the blue truck connector) were installed in the wrong pin locations (as if the connector body was turned 180 degrees before the pins were put into the connector).

I was suspicious as the factory instructions had 2 of the 4 wire colours that did not match. The wire guages were suspect also as the one large diameter wire was connected to the stoplamp switch.

I called the dealer and they confirmed I had the correct part and that other connectors they had in stock were wired just like the one I purchased.

Unlocking the pins and inserting them to the correct locations in the connector solved the problem.

I was very close to just plugging in my controller which would have destroyed it.

Quick Reply: brake controller connector fun