3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My tailpipe hangs, how to fix it the easy way?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 02:30 PM
mextexdodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My tailpipe hangs, how to fix it the easy way?

I was washing my truck earlier and I guess I must swing my hand so hard it hit the tailpipe and I hear a bang and the pipe now hangs. My mufflers are flowmaster 40 series Y pipes. I was thinking putting duck tape and warp around or that gorilla glue to the anchor. Or whats the easy way to fix other than get it some mechanic to wield it back. My truck is lifted so I not worry about hit it on the ground.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

Originally Posted by mextexdodge
I was washing my truck earlier and I guess I must swing my hand so hard it hit the tailpipe and I hear a bang and the pipe now hangs. My mufflers are flowmaster 40 series Y pipes. I was thinking putting duck tape and warp around or that gorilla glue to the anchor. Or whats the easy way to fix other than get it some mechanic to wield it back. My truck is lifted so I not worry about hit it on the ground.
Don't use Duct tape. it will melt and look horrific. stick with metal. try hose clamps or steel wire. i can't see how its broken, so its difficult to help you out. maybe a picture?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 PM
mextexdodge
Rookie
Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 PM
team_realtree
Professional

Glue or duct tape? Lol it will melt...2 second welding job any exhaust shop can do that for you.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

Originally Posted by team_realtree
Glue or duct tape? Lol it will melt...2 second welding job any exhaust shop can do that for you.
the right thing to do would be to go to a welding or exhaust shop and have it fixed. it'll take less than 5 minutes and cost no more than $20 tops. or you could find a piece of rebar that's bent into a 90 degree angle and use 4 large jubilee clamps to tie it all together. 2 on the mount and 2 on the pipe.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Take some bailing wire or any thin gauge wire and loop it around the hitch and the tip until you can run by a muffler shop tomorrow to get the hanger rewelded. Must have been cracked or rusted already to have broken like that.

Quick Reply: My tailpipe hangs, how to fix it the easy way?