3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No response when I press on gas pedal...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM
ShermanC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No response when I press on gas pedal...

Hello all! I'm new to the site and I am VERY green on auto repairs! That being said, I have a 2005 Dage Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi, Quad cab. Recently my muffler "fell off" and now when I start up the truck and attempted to put the vehicle into gear, my gas pedal goes straight to the floor and the truck has no response. Any ideas on what the problem may be??

Old 06-29-2013, 09:20 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

For future reference:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...ead-first.html

Old 07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShermanC
Hello all! I'm new to the site and I am VERY green on auto repairs! That being said, I have a 2005 Dage Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi, Quad cab. Recently my muffler "fell off" and now when I start up the truck and attempted to put the vehicle into gear, my gas pedal goes straight to the floor and the truck has no response. Any ideas on what the problem may be??

ShermanC,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Has this just started happening since the muffler "fell off" and how did the muffler come off? Did it happen while you were driving and did you get a good look at the damage or notice if any other parts were missing? Was there any problems with the vehicle prior, that could have caused the muffler to come off?

Driving the vehicle without a muffler is not good for it and I would recommend you have it diagnosed by a Dodge dealer.

Welcome to the Dodge Forum and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 PM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming you have had your muffler replaced already. When you start the truck without putting it in gear is there pedal response?

Quick Reply: No response when I press on gas pedal...