3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 lower strut bolt

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:32 PM
GeoffWoerner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 lower strut bolt

I've read a bunch of the treads about the stuck bolts for the lower strut mounts. Mine is stuck also but it turns with some effort, although the rubber is turning inside the control arm.
Nobody has seemed to have this issue yet, or I have not seen it in the several threads I've read.
Do I just cut it off/beat it out and buy a new bolt? Used 1/2 a can of PB Blaster on it.

Looking for inspiration and guidance
Thanks in advance

Old 08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Barracuda556

Mine was stuck bad when I replaced my coil overs with the rancho quick lifts. I ended up getting the bolt out by soaking it a bunch and twisting the bolt while hitting it to get it to move out slowly. It took some effort but it worked and then I just cleaned the bolt with my wire wheel and then the hole that the bolt goes into. Good luck

Old 08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
KasperR34
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I'm no help, I have torsion bars.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:05 AM
dakotatrevor
Professional

I think this is another wonderful 06 only problem...you likely read some of my posts about my journey with them.

I was successful with an air hammer on one side...the other side I had to press out. If I recall right, you cannot buy the bushing, short of the whole control arm, so be mindful of that. I had to sawz-all out my control arm bolts off the frame, as they were seized as well...may as well fight that battle now, especially as they need to be free for a proper alignment.

Quick Reply: 06 lower strut bolt