3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can I swap seat fabric?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Dave M
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I swap seat fabric?

I'm getting ready to do the cushion repair on my driver seat in my 07 1500. The cushion has broken down under my heavy load. The outter edge of the seat bottom fabric is starting to break down. I could see along the seam on the side that it is starting to wear away and soon there will be a hole.
Can I switch the bottom seat fabric with the passenger seat? If I do the worn out part will be against the center console and not seen. And the fabric from the passenger seat is like new. From a quick look it seems like it would work. Has anyone attempted this?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It should work. They are the same bottoms except for the side buttons and seems you already have a plan for that

Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the cut outs for the seat adjusters will be back wards and now your playing with taking apart two seats instead of repairing one.

I removed my drivers seat to repair my 06 ram, I took out the rivets in the seat the frame cause this issue, mopar parts online is where I ordered from.

Quick Reply: Can I swap seat fabric?