3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC problems! Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM
redrumrevolution1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC problems! Need Help!

Im having major problems with my AC unit in my 2004 ram 1500(5.7). My AC don't blow cold at all. It just started bout a week ago. Before than the AC only blew cold when the truck was moving because the condenser motor went out. I was seating at a light bout a week ago and I heard a squealing noise from under the hood. It stop when I took off and ever since than the ac didn't blow cold any more. I believe it came from the compressor because the black ring by the compressor pulley is shredded a bit. Im on a tight budget. First thing I going to do is change to motor out of the condenser fan. What would be the next step? Should I change out the compressor? If so should I get a new one, take mines to get rebuilt, or is there some possible way I can fix the compressor myself?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the compressor may have locked up. Does the center turn when you have the A/C switched on?

Quick Reply: AC problems! Need Help!