3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

04 Ram electric problem brake lights for trailer

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013 | 01:10 PM
Mick0311

Originally Posted by chuck_hammer
Thanks, I had to replace both front wheel bearing yesterday.. 39,000 miles .
for a truck that is well treated and garaged.. this thing is turning into ########.
A recall came out regarding that for 04-08 I believe. I got 60k before I had to rebuild the front end. Now I have zerk fittings to grease all the important parts.

Old 11-13-2013 | 02:45 PM
Izero
Champion

I would have tried to see if the same problem was occurring at the back-up 4-pin connector under the bumper... if it was happening there you can confirm the TIPM as the likely cause, but if it was okay at the 4-pin connector then you might have just had a bad wire... oh well, I guess you got it working so it's all good.

Old 11-14-2013 | 07:41 AM
chuck_hammer
|
Veteran

Thank You.. All

there was NO recall on the "Fuse box" controller...

as a retired auto mechanic.. I did all the proper troubleshooting.. it is the "BOX"

I pulled the fuses for trailer service.
Installed a Powered trailer converter... and cut all the wires for trailer circuits.

FYI.. the "BOX" failed sometime since New.. and I never connected a trailer to this truck until September of this year... failed without use..

if/when headlight circuits fail.. I will wire around..

I consider Dodge, and this truck a total failure.
fuse box failure, major upper body rust, wheel bearing... and at 40,000 miles and always garaged. and very well maintained.

Quick Reply: 04 Ram electric problem brake lights for trailer