3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thought I had transmission problems but seems to be computer/sensor. Try save $$$

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Jaceystewart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought I had transmission problems but seems to be computer/sensor. Try save $$$

Ok so I have a 2006 dodge ram 2500 5.7 diesel. I took it to the shop because I thought I was having transmission problems, thank goodness they said my trans is doing what it's suppose to. The computer is telling it that it is getting enough fuel but really is not.
Let me explain what it was doing. When I take off from a dead stop and it tries to shift it acts like it can't until I let off the gas then it will catch. This started off just every now an then and now it does it every time I move.
The mechanic said to bring it in so he can check the whole underneath to see if there is a rock or some kind of trash stuck somewhere. Is there anywhere I can look to maybe find the problem without having to pay a bill or a way I could find out what computer/sensor it is?!?!?! Thanks!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 AM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no 5.7 diesel so do you have the 5.7 Hemi or a 5.9 Diesel. If its the diesel you want to post it in the diesel forum for this type of problem for sure. If you have the 5.7 Hemi then a good mechanic will run diagnostic test to try to isolate the problem no just replace parts. If you are having to press the gas pedal too far down to get the same RPMs then that will affect transmission shifting. I assume you are talking about it shifting into overdrive.

Quick Reply: Thought I had transmission problems but seems to be computer/sensor. Try save $$$