3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speaker-Level Pwrd Sub Install HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:05 PM
djDaemon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker-Level Pwrd Sub Install HELP

I'm getting ready to install an Infinity BassLink I powered sub in my '05 QC Ram (with the premium Infinity system). I've looked at the schematic for my particular system, and have a question as to where I should install the speaker-level wires to run to the sub. Should they be installed before or after the amplifier? My assumption would be that they should be installed after the amp, since before the amp I'm assuming they are line-level/preamp.

Also, where is the amp located and how difficult is it to get to it to install the wiring?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
djDaemon
Default RE: Speaker-Level Pwrd Sub Install HELP

Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the storage compartment under the center console? That would also be a big help!

Old 10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
yoyo22

From what I gathered after,during, before installing my system,,,,

U have to tap after the amp if you have the Infinity sound system. Apparently the head unit is only the head unit(digital),,,the amp is actually the radio???? The head unit only has a few wires going to the amp,,,like a Data, power, and ground etc... I was told there is no audio coming from the head unit only data to the amp...Go figure...At any rate I also tapped the front door speakers for the amp. The dash speakers are highs,,front doors are low-mid, and the rears are full.

The amp is over the glovebox to the left,,,real bitch to get at,,unless you want to remove half the dash,,,which is why I tapped at the kickpanels.

The pic below is my amp,,under drivers seat.. Had to completly remove the seat to get it bolted down,,,,about 1 hour total

[IMG]local://upfiles/22280/A66CAEB795E34F3DB537F6AACD408AEA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-04-2005, 03:42 PM
djDaemon

Thanks for the input. Though now I'm a little more confused, as the schematic (included below) I have shows actual speaker wiring between the head unit and amp. At any rate, what all did you have to remove to get at the door speakers' wiring?

[IMG]local://upfiles/22231/B7F49EA22AC04A22A2A55B6915795316.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-04-2005, 04:21 PM
yoyo22

Removed the kick panel on the passenger side, and the wires are right there, by the door edge. On the dirvers side they were near the wiring harness block (about straight forward from the top of the parking brake towards the firewall. but you could prob tap them closer to the amp.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:50 PM
djDaemon

Thanks again for the tips! Hopefully I can get 'er done this weekend!

Quick Reply: Speaker-Level Pwrd Sub Install HELP