3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seatbelt noise in 04 ram chimes endlessly

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM
jp.alliedhealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seatbelt noise in 04 ram chimes endlessly

No matter what I do, my seatbelt noise continuously dings nonstop. I tried the cheatcode to turn it off my plugging in the buckle a specific way but that does not work because for it to work the seatbelt light must be off. Whereas the fasten seatbelt light is always on. Here is the kicker though- whenever I am driving and I hit a bump, like railroad tracks, there is a click behind the seat in the seatbelt housing. The singing stops and the seatbelt light disappears. If there are multiple bumps - bump bump bump - it goes click click click and the seatbelt light flashes accordingly. The hell is going on and how do I stop this

Old 10-14-2013, 06:43 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, loose connection in that harness? The click might be the inertial lock.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM
jp.alliedhealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No its not the inertial lock. It's something different than that. Today it clicked and the light stayed off for a full 30 seconds, and I got 30 seconds of pure silence. It was glorious. Then it started up again. ding ding ding. I'm not f*cking around anymore. It literally is driving me insane.

I asked the mechanic to just disable the noise. No surprise, he said no. The law doesn't allow it.

My question is how do i disable the noise altogether?

I don't give a flying crap about an unconstitutional law that forces me to wear my seatbelt. I wear it for safety, always, not because my undeserving government thinks they can force me to do it.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could try finding the leads that are for the switch and tie 'em together. That should shut it off. If not, it ain't in the seat circuit.

Quick Reply: seatbelt noise in 04 ram chimes endlessly