3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Laramie - No heat or A/C on floor.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 PM
jwchatm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Laramie - No heat or A/C on floor.

First of all, I apologize if I have added this post in more than one place. I am still new at using a forum. I recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4X4 Laramie with about 89K. I found a problem in the heater that I cannot explain. I get heat and A/C just fine from the defrost vents and the dash vents and I can switch between them just fine. I cannot get any air on the floor. When I select the floor vents on the heater control module, nothing happens. This truck has the "dual climate control" and my air flow is great from all vents (except the floor where I get nothing). I can also push hot air to the driver side and cool air to the passenger side so the dual zone climate control is working. I am not experiencing some of the issues that others have where the air flow was not the same on both sides or was diminished all together. I am noticing that while there is no positive air flow from the fan on the floor, I can still feel cold air creeping in on the floor from somewhere. This was not noticeable until Autumn temperatures began to set in here in Colorado. All I need to do is figure out why I cannot get air on the floor. I am not sure if my "control module" needs replaced or if there is a flap/door in the dash that needs repaired. Has anyone had this issue and if so how was it resolved. I am really not looking forward to paying $800-$1200 to have a dealership fix this (especially since I am only on my 2nd payment on a used vehicle with no warranty.) I would greatly appreciate any help. So far we love this truck. If it was not for the heating issue or the fact that the multi-switch needs replaced to resolve an issue with the turn signals flashing on the wrong side, it would be perfect.

Last edited by jwchatm; 11-07-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

One of your blend doors is shot. You may try going to heatertreater.com to diagnose which one. I have the same one bad on mine. I use a long screwdriver near the gas pedal to actuate the door back down to floor/vent mode. After this door broke, I do not use defrost anymore. Enough heat comes out the defrost vents, even when I'm on floor/vent, to clear the windshield. As long as I don't choose defrost, I can switch between floor and vent with no problem. BIG DEAL to fix!!!!!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 PM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The multi-function switch is covered under a extended coverage from the factory. 10 years or 150k miles. See any dealer about that.

Old 12-21-2019, 05:51 PM
WRClifford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 66three83
One of your blend doors is shot. You may try going to heatertreater.com to diagnose which one. I have the same one bad on mine. I use a long screwdriver near the gas pedal to actuate the door back down to floor/vent mode. After this door broke, I do not use defrost anymore. Enough heat comes out the defrost vents, even when I'm on floor/vent, to clear the windshield. As long as I don't choose defrost, I can switch between floor and vent with no problem. BIG DEAL to fix!!!!!
I have the same issue right now on my 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. This was helpful!

Quick Reply: 07 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Laramie - No heat or A/C on floor.