3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 disabled

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:33 PM
jose1036
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 disabled

I been in troubles since the sudden battery death last summer, so I jumped the battery with my daughter's car, trying to make my 06 Ram 4x4 work. The result was a total programming mess to the TIPM.
I took the truck to a guy that claims to know a lot, and he was able to reprogram the module. All Works fine but the 4X4, which is totally death. The 4x4 lights do not even work when starting the engine.
The question is if this function can be disabled and how to enable it?

Why I don't take the truck to that guy again? Because he abused of my truck and broke the rear suspension, of course he denied he did it.

Hope somebody can help.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a starscan programmer to disable or enable any of the functions or performance adjustments with the canbus era computer. Your best bet is a reputable dodge dealer, but I heard of private individuals using them too. One thing you might try is checking for any DTC codes which may be related to the disabling. You might also try resetting the TIPM to see if it will see the hardware node and start communicating with it

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: 4x4 disabled