3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Does Sheetz gas suck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
crosbyct
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Sheetz gas suck?

My brother in law is a mechanic and owns his own shop. He says to never use Sheetz because it is the worst gas out there. Anyone have any comments on this? Is it a fact or just an unfounded rumor?

I like Sheetz because they are usually the cheapest around.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Does Sheetz gas suck?

Never heard of Sheetz gas. FWIW, I thought that most of the gas companies recieved thier gas from a handful of refineries, meaning that the gas itself is normally good quality as it is all in the same. On the other hand, there are other factors that can make for a tank full of bad gasoline including...
1. Condensation
2. Watering down gas by stores
3. Pump filters not being cleaned
4. Filling up right after gas has been dispensed into the underground tanks

Old 10-06-2005, 10:29 PM
LXS4Ross

I haven't had the best of luck with Sheetz gas. One time after filling my Dodge up, it didn't even read full. Said I only got 7/8 of a tank. I know I filled it up. Kept clicking away topping off, and filled the usual amount of gallons I do when empty. I only got like 290 miles to that tank, when I usually 335-345.

They are pretty cheap stations here in Ohio though. Like Sheetz, I notice that QT stations are usually real cheap down in the Georgia area, when BP and Shell aren't.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Never had a problem with QT gas. You are right about it being the cheapest around in Georgia. I used it almost exclusively when in undergrad because it was close and cheap, never had problems.

Quick Reply: Does Sheetz gas suck?