3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 ram 545rfe trany problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 04:00 PM
jstmahoney
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 ram 545rfe trany problems?

Just been having some shifting issuers. Seems like my truck is skipping a gear or something. It always feels like you have the overdrive off and your driving above 50 it does that jolt when you take your foot off the gas and also it seems to me that the rpms are jumping up and down a lot faster than normal. I took it into a trany shop and they flushed the fluid ( I've been putting it off for a long while), checked codes (nothing) but they found nothing wrong with it. Anyone have any ideas or having the same problem?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:27 PM
stenerson
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jstmahoney
Just been having some shifting issuers. Seems like my truck is skipping a gear or something. It always feels like you have the overdrive off and your driving above 50 it does that jolt when you take your foot off the gas and also it seems to me that the rpms are jumping up and down a lot faster than normal. I took it into a trany shop and they flushed the fluid ( I've been putting it off for a long while), checked codes (nothing) but they found nothing wrong with it. Anyone have any ideas or having the same problem?

Sounds like solenoid problems but that usually throws a code.

Quick Reply: 03 ram 545rfe trany problems?