3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Cranks but wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 PM
hanks.shop.creede
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Cranks but wont start

I have no engine DTCs.
I have changed the cam and crank sensor and the TIPM.
I have 57 PSI at the fuel rail.
I have checked a couple of injectors with a noid lite and they are getting signal.
I have checked compression in 4 cylinders and they are about 122.
I have spark at, at least one spark plug. Didn't think I need to check any others.
The gas tank is 1/2 full.
I have disconnected the battery and touched the cables together for over 3 minutes.
I have checked the SKEEM. Truck cranks with either key and the remote start but it will not start.

I am at a complete loss.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM
bigiron68

Did you figure it out, Mine is doing the exact same thing with the same symptoms.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 AM
warrenlevihursh
Amateur

I know you said you have fuel pressure, but you could try spraying a little ether in the intake to see if it fires. This would rule out bad gas, leaky/clogged injectors, flooded cylinders etc. Just a thought.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hanks.shop.creede
I have no engine DTCs.
I have changed the cam and crank sensor and the TIPM.
I have 57 PSI at the fuel rail.
I have checked a couple of injectors with a noid lite and they are getting signal.
I have checked compression in 4 cylinders and they are about 122.
I have spark at, at least one spark plug. Didn't think I need to check any others.
The gas tank is 1/2 full.
I have disconnected the battery and touched the cables together for over 3 minutes.
I have checked the SKEEM. Truck cranks with either key and the remote start but it will not start.

I am at a complete loss.
Originally Posted by bigiron68
Did you figure it out, Mine is doing the exact same thing with the same symptoms.
bigiron68,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. I have done a little digging, I have come across instances that were related to the Wireless Control Module (WCM).
It could involve replacing the WCM altogether, also, updated units have been developed.
Looks like you have exhausted a few options, a dealer may have a few additional resources.

Keep us posted if you can.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Cranks but wont start