3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stuck in 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013 | 11:46 AM
keithreid
|
Default stuck in 4wd

Hi folks I am new to this form so forgive me if i am not posting in the right place. I have a 2007 ram that is stuck in 4wd. If you try to take it out it will flash between auto and high. even when the indicator says its in auto it seems to be in high. it does not want to switch when demand request it or loss of track. You can here the motor run on the transfer case on the tail of the transmission but nothing at the front diff. no codes with the OBD2 reader. I have checked the tipm for corroision but seems to be ok visually. A couple off times the dash went nuts when trying to switch so this is why I checked the distribution box. Does any one have any thoughts on this or theory of operation or better yet the trouble shooting procedure. From reading online there are alot of theorys about the problem but i am not the type of person to throw parts at it if not needed.

Old 12-03-2013 | 01:53 PM
Izero
Champion

do you have a lever or a dial?

from your description I am assuming a dial on the dash....

If you turn the truck to full lock left or right and try to slowly accelerate does it bind up when it says its in "Auto"

Also... does the dial say "Auto" or does it say "2WD" or something else? B/c it almost sounds like you've got an All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Ram 1500.....

Quick Reply: stuck in 4wd