3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Box Doors - Heater-Treater or Dorman?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 10:00 PM
beech2000
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Box Doors - Heater-Treater or Dorman?

Has anyone used the Dorman Air Box doors? The Heater-Treaters would set me back $250. The Dorman's are about $125 total. Are the they any good?
I am low on funds thanks to Dodge and the busted dash syndrome. Planning to start next week and need to place an order the doors and a dash. Thanks all

Old 12-08-2013, 01:45 AM
abarmby
Champion

You don't need the full set of $250 ?Heater Treaters.
Look at their video "how to's" and diagnose which doors are goosed. They sell them as a full kit or part of kits ie 1 door 2 doors etc.
I luckily bought all of them as I was in a position at the time to do so. Quality is extremely good and puts to shame the OEM stuff. I replaced my Re-circ door and cured my problem 100%.
I can't comment on the Dormans.
Al.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 AM
beech2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by abarmby
You don't need the full set of $250 ?Heater Treaters.
Look at their video "how to's" and diagnose which doors are goosed. They sell them as a full kit or part of kits ie 1 door 2 doors etc.
I luckily bought all of them as I was in a position at the time to do so. Quality is extremely good and puts to shame the OEM stuff. I replaced my Re-circ door and cured my problem 100%.
I can't comment on the Dormans.
Al.
Great thanks, Since the whole dash has to come out anyway I am going to change everything once before death of truck.... Heater core, dash, evaporator, and all 4 doors. I Need another 5 years of trouble free service. As it stands the Mode 1 and 2 doors are busted. The Blend and re-circulation doors are okay. I can get the dormans today but will have to order and wait for the heater treaters. BTW where is heater-treater located? Texas?

Last edited by beech2000; 12-08-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You might get an idea from this thread with similar blend door issues............

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...orks-fine.html

Old 12-08-2013, 06:17 PM
beech2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by Daves69
You might get an idea from this thread with similar blend door issues............

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...orks-fine.html
Hi Daves69,
I don't have any blend door issues. Question initiated regarding if any one had experience with the Dorman air box doors. My recirculation and blend doors are good but the Mode 1 and 2 have striped couplers or broken. Thanks

Old 12-09-2013, 03:55 AM
abarmby
Champion

Originally Posted by beech2000
Great thanks, Since the whole dash has to come out anyway I am going to change everything once before death of truck.... Heater core, dash, evaporator, and all 4 doors. I Need another 5 years of trouble free service. As it stands the Mode 1 and 2 doors are busted. The Blend and re-circulation doors are okay. I can get the dormans today but will have to order and wait for the heater treaters. BTW where is heater-treater located? Texas?
Yeah they're in Texas. I was on vacation in Florida from the UK where I live and called them up. Within 3 days I had the doors delivered to the villa where I was staying. No problems and without issue. As I say, the doors are extremely good quality and if your tearing down your HVAC system to the extent you are, there would be no way in hell I'd put stock or any similar quality product in there. If you want 5 years trouble free.
The Heater treater doors have metal fittings and such and really are much better than stock.
I know the price is up there but.....the old saying of "you get what you pay for" really applies here.
BTW I'm not affiliated to them in any way being ion the UK and all, but must speak as I find.
Al.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM
beech2000
Rookie

Yeah I always think everything is to expensive. I'll probably order the heater-treaters this morning. Thanks for the un-bios response.

Quick Reply: Air Box Doors - Heater-Treater or Dorman?