3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with transfer case leak 05 Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:09 PM
yoyo22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with transfer case leak 05 Hemi

I have a 05 Hemi,,at the bottom of my transfer case there is a small fluid drip.

The dealer says: after they wiped it away it did not come back overnight! And not to worry about it...But now it's there 7 days later. No spot on my driveway,,just the drip hanging there.

I was really hot at the dealer,,I say there should be "NO" fluid anywhere on a truck with 1800 miles.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:36 PM
RedSS454
Veteran
Default RE: Help with transfer case leak 05 Hemi

I agree with ya. Have you run it in 4WD lately? Try running it in 4WD to lube all the seals. Also, try giving the bolt another 1/4 of a turn. No more, as the last thing you want to do is strip it out. After trying these two, wipe it away. If it comes back. Go back to the dealer and raise some hell.

Chris

Old 10-08-2005, 02:49 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: yoyo22

I have a 05 Hemi,,at the bottom of my transfer case there is a small fluid drip.

The dealer says: after they wiped it away it did not come back overnight! And not to worry about it...But now it's there 7 days later. No spot on my driveway,,just the drip hanging there.

I was really hot at the dealer,,I say there should be "NO" fluid anywhere on a truck with 1800 miles.

Take it to a different dealer. That is BS. I think I am fortunate enough to have a "resonable" dealer. I took my 05 in to get the door seals replaced due to the tear that happens. The passenger was not tore, but we all know it would eventually tear, it is just the door does to get opened as often so it would take longer. I told the dealer to do both sides, they asked if they were both tore, I simply said no, but it would eventually tear and I wanted both sides replaced. They did not argue.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:02 AM
HemiBuell
Captain

An transfer case will leak overtime if it is never put in 4wd to spalsh some lube around. I find dirt and switch into 4wd at every oil change. At 1800 miles this shouldn't be the problem though. Sounds like a bad output seal. Real easy to change. I would find another dealer, there is also a Dodge phone number you can call if you have a warranty problem. I had a warranty problem with a Chevy, called them directly and I think they raised hell because the dealer came and picked up my truck from me and at the same time dropped off a loaner. Truck was diagnosed as I had originally told them and fixed in a day.

Good luck, being polite but firm really helps in your situation. Getting rude with the dealer will not help.

Quick Reply: Help with transfer case leak 05 Hemi