3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help! Poor heat and circulation after coolant got slushy.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The US actually uses it's own set of measures.... which is referred to as the "US Customary System"..... It actually mixes all different units...

Most countries have actually adopted the "SI Units" which differs slightly from the Metric system... here's a link if you're interested in learning a small something... lol

http://science.howstuffworks.com/why...ric-system.htm

Just a tidbit of knowledge for ya.... "the more you know" right? lol

anyways, back on topic.... I also agree that using coolant that's freezing point is insufficient for your climate isn't very smart, and I would definitely suggest you change that out and set it up for the rest of winter.... ask around at your local dealerships and mechanics what they recommend for winter.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 AM
warrenlevihursh
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, just to UPDATE:

I flushed the heater core and refilled coolant with the proper mixture. I carefully filled everything through the hoses first and then the radiator. After bleeding, I have heat that will almost burn you, even from the driver's side foot vent that was cold before! The truck heats up nicely and doesnt overheat at all.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:06 PM
02ram1500billyj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the same problem with my 02 4.7 after adding some stop leak. The way I fixed it was flushed the heater core by disconnecting them where they spice together by front of the exhaust header on the passenger side n hooking my house water hose up to one of the hoses n letting it run for bout 2 mins. Then switch the hose to the other n let run for 2 mins do this back in forth bout 10 times to really break apart the gunk in the heat core. U will be surprised of the gunk that with come out n the heat u will get, I had no heat now I got to keep it on low lol

Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome!!! Heat is good! Thanks for the updates.

Quick Reply: Help! Poor heat and circulation after coolant got slushy.