3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Coolant Flush/Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 PM
beeline08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Flush/Replacement

I am looking to flush my coolant in a 2006 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. What is the easiest way to get most of the coolant out? The little valve on the bottom of the radiator only gets out less than half. I assume this only drains the radiator? What is the easiest way to drain the rest? Can one of the hoses be taken off of the bottom? I have read about some drain plugs but could not find them. Also, if I am looking to flush with a kit with a T fitting which hose do I use? The two hoses on the bottom seem to be much larger than any of the T's I have found. Is there a hose on top that would work?

Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are 1/4" drain plugs (1 on each side) at the base of the cylinders just above the oil pan flange.

Definitly the easiest way to do a full drain, I pulled the plugs years ago and installed petcock valves. I dod a chemical treatment every 5 years to clear any blockages then new 50/50 antifreeze. 188,000 miles on the original radiator and heater core

Quick Reply: Coolant Flush/Replacement