3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tie Rod Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Matthew L Ferguson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie Rod Replacement

I know this is another big topic - Tie Rod

What is everyone using these days??

I have looked and my truck currently has that Old "Y" Style from the Factory. I was never updated to the 2008.5 year type, think they call it "T" Style.
I know that there is a recall on my truck for one of the Tie Rod Ends. Having that fixed in Feb, But wonder if the dealership will Automatically upgrade me to the latest "T" Style Tie Rod???

Going to replace my Gear Box with with the AGR Rock Ram System. http://www.agrperformance.com/Rockra...otorsports.htm
I have used them before with a Bronco gear box and they are awesome!

1. With all of that said, I am wondering two things.
Will i need to add the Steering Box Stabilizer with this new gear box that I get?? http://www.dieselperformance.com/ind...uct/index/151P

2. I really like the "Thuren" Heavy Duty Tie Rod with the Heim Joints. Think this is the most bullet-proof system out there. However, it say that it is used with 5-15" lift systems and can't be used with Stock Rims. My truck is both stock lift height and stock rims.
Is there a system out there similar to this for a stock truck? Also thought about just changing out the heim joints on the Thuren system to be able to fit with a stock application. Thoughts??

Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty sure the "T" style you're referring to is the 2008.5 steering upgrade. Not a tie rod. I could be wrong though. Just something to double check on.

Quick Reply: Tie Rod Replacement