3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

6 - 8 quick beeps on startup

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Kelticlady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 - 8 quick beeps on startup

Hi I have a 2008 dodge ram with a 5.7 hemi the radio was replaced due to the cd not working and now when we start the truck it beeps several times. Is this some sort of error code?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelticlady
Hi I have a 2008 dodge ram with a 5.7 hemi the radio was replaced due to the cd not working and now when we start the truck it beeps several times. Is this some sort of error code?

Thanks
Did you install the CAN-BUS Adapter with your installation?

If not then that is likely the issue..... and if they did install the CAN-bus adapter then the installer may have not set it properly, or installed the wrong unit for your Model Year....

I need more information on what has been installed and what the factory system was. (infinity amplified system or regular 4 speaker system)

Old 01-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Kelticlady

I didn't do the install myself I will ask about the CAN BUS adapter, It's not the infinity radio, it's the regular single cd radio they took the number off the back of the radio that was in the truck and got the same radio to replace the broken one. We bought the car used so I don't know if the radio has been changed from the factory unit but I don't think so, it looks like the normal dodge radio that I have had in other dodges before.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:10 PM
swamper
Veteran

my old truck had a stereo in it that woudl beep 3 times as it shut off but it was an after market one.is there a brand name on the radio?if not it must be a factory one.they may if hooked up a wrong wire someplace.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is an OEM Dodge Stereo then it should have been plug and play... It's impossible for me to diagnose problems on it... b/c only the dealer can access it with their tools (StarScan, DRBIII, etc. ) it might be a simple program change to allow the new radio. Only other thing I can think of, is that it's not from the same model year range as your Original radio... but that shouldn't affect it functioning properly or not.

If it's just beeping/chiming a few times and still functioning 100% normal I wouldn't even bother with it, but if it's bothering you that much go get it looked at.

From your original post I was under the impression you had installed an aftermarket radio.

Quick Reply: 6 - 8 quick beeps on startup