3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by spuldup
I'd recommend bilsteins any day if you are looking for better handling and/or a level. I installed and have them on the front at 2" lift. You can use the stock height or lift/level up to 2". You have an 06 so the fronts are coilovers which are not a 30 min task like the 03-05s. You'll need a spring compressor and possibly a torch to deal with the lower shock bolt (it is known to stick). Search "bilstein 5100 install".

If you want a simple, quick, cheap, OEM-type restoration, grab some 'loaded' (w/springs) monroe front shocks from rockauto.com. Same goes for rears except for the "loaded" part. They seem to be popular for that purpose.
This ONLY applies if OP has a 4x4. I just noticed he did not specify.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:17 AM
spuldup
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
This ONLY applies if OP has a 4x4. I just noticed he did not specify.
Very true Brandon. I glanced at his garage and the truck appears to be a 4x2. Looks good! Comfy enough to take a nap in the bed, if need-be!

Still I would recommend the Monroes based on using them for other vehicles. Install for the fronts looks much simpler than the clevis-mount coilovers on mine.

Quick Reply: shocks?