3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 block heater

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 06:55 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 block heater

hey guys, been a while since my last post! recently had some record lows which have left me without my ram due to a frozen battery and liquids. got down to -34 the other night. i'm thinking it's time to get a block heater and a battery blanket at the very least.

does anyone know if the 2003 4.7 engine has dry ports for a block heater? i seem to recall reading that on here years ago. If not i'll stick a standard BH in.

in other news, the truck is still running, though I can tell she's getting tired. I think our mountainous country is wearing down the 4.7. I've also noticed she's drinking coolant, so i suspect the cylinder wall has gone out. Not sure if i'll drop a new motor in her or not when she goes. if i do, probably gonna drop a hemi in.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 06 base model 4.7 has a block heater from the factory. You sure you don't have one?

Quick Reply: 4.7 block heater