3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi quad cab map light switch broke

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 PM
bloomer1976
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi quad cab map light switch broke

The drivers side map light switch is broken, and I was going to try to replace it here in a week or so. Does anyone have or know of a place where I can get detailed instructions for disassembly and replacing this? Maybe I'm making it harder than it is, but this is my primary vehicle and don't want to get it all tore apart and not get it back together, especially if someone else has already done it and knows the easiest way. I have the temp/odometer overhead model. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The service manual is great for that, but removal of the overhead console is very simple. Using a small (instrument size) flat blade screwdriver, towards the windshield end of the clear lense, insert the screwdriver just above the upper edge of the lense, and gently pry down, the lense will nearly fall out. once both lenses are out, there are two torx bit screws that hold the console in place at the back, the front is held by compression spring clips. once the back is hanging, pull down on each corner of the front and it should disengage. All that should be left is unplugging the power plug and the data bus plug. Finding a replacement switch may be the bigger challenge if it is actually broken.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi quad cab map light switch broke