3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical issues -power mirrors, dome lights....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
jassink
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues -power mirrors, dome lights....

2002 QC SLT 5.9

Not sure if its related but i recently had my motor swapped out, and a couple of weeks later the interior lights and power mirrors quit working. I've read a lot of the threads that talk about checking the fuses, which I've done, even the one in the special holder, and everything is OK. I cannot turn the lights on with the dimmer switch or by manually pushing them and they do not work when the doors are opened.

I pulled the C-codes from the cluster and am getting 27 & 29 which indicate courtesy/dome lamp output circuit shorted or open and Cargo lamp output circuit shorted or open.

I also noticed that on the headlight switch the illumination for the running lights and headlighs is not working, but it does for the fog lights. The other thing that I figured out that isn't working is that the overhead console average MPG resets everytime the truck gets shut off, but all the other functions work just fine.

My radio still works just fine, and I haven't noticed anything else that isn't working.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:05 AM
jassink
Default Any ideas?

Still unable to correct issue.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:56 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Checked for a pinched wire. May have pinched one during the engine install. Did the trans come out too?

Old 12-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Eagle1452
Default electrical problems

I don't know if this will help but I was watching U tube the other day and the guy was having trouble with his dome light +not coming on using the rear door. He removed the boot that comes from the body to the door and found a broken wire. You would have to look for the video I don't remember exactly where I was looking. Anyway it could be broken wires in your drivers side or passenger door shorting out the mirror control and dome light and maybe some other things, hope this may help. video

Quick Reply: Electrical issues -power mirrors, dome lights....