3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oxygen Sensor Connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:56 PM
slheinlein
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen Sensor Connection

Need to replace my oxygen sensor in my '05 Ram Hemi. The connectors seem to be buried somewhere in the back of the engine block. Not easy to get to from above or below. Its even difficult to see. Any tricks to getting the old sensor disconnected and the new one connected? Will I be able to pull the connector into a better spot once I get the old oxygen sensor out? I'm working on the upstream B1S1 sensor right now. thanks.

Last edited by slheinlein; 04-22-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slheinlein
Need to replace my oxygen sensor in my '05 Ram Hemi. The connectors seem to be buried somewhere in the back of the engine block. Not easy to get to from above or below. Its even difficult to see. Any tricks to getting the old sensor disconnected and the new one connected? Will I be able to pull the connector into a better spot once I get the old oxygen sensor out? I'm working on the upstream B1S1 sensor right now. thanks.

If you get under your truck and follow the wires from the o2 sensor up you will find the connectors within18 inches or so from the sensor. They aren't buried anywhere. It sounds like to me you haven't really looked for them yet, because they are very easy to find . Look along the frame

Quick Reply: Oxygen Sensor Connection