3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trasmission acting different

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdocktc332
The truck does have the O/D Off mode also, it comes on when I hit the tow/haul button twice, and I still have the filter, or cataletic converter, or resonator, not sure what to call it. And its going back in due to the California smog law, and I think im just going to leave it in full time now, its a hassle to keep taking it in and out. But before the law went into effect, doing a bigger exhaust system, and allowing the exhaust to get out quicker, or to let it be cooler, seemed to be the thing to do on the diesels back when I bought the truck in 06.
If you go into O/D Off Mode your PCM will lock-out 4th and 5th gear and disables overdrive all together, try putting it in O/D Off mode when going up a hill and see how it works out.

Bigger Exhausts are great for Diesels as they are basically big air pumps... so the more air out the better... but you also have to be able to get as much air IN as you do OUT... a 5" exhaust is pretty large without putting a tune on there....

I think a tune would definitely help you.

How heavy is the load you're hauling?

Quick Reply: Trasmission acting different