3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem with Superchips 3815

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:08 PM
yoyo22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Superchips 3815

Two weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and bought the damn thing for my 05 QC HEmi. Received it the next day, and tried to use it.

Would not get past the second stock file read. Got a error t-42.

Called Superchips and they said it would need to come back,,"we thought we got all of the those". I was told since it was brand new as of the day before I purchased it,,they would expedite the return to a few days. Tomorrow will be two weeks,,and as of this past Monday,,they could not tell me what the hang-up was,,,only the programmers still had it..

Anyone had to reuten anything to them or have clue what the prob is??

Old 10-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: Problem with Superchips 3815

These have really been hit or miss for the hemi. Some have reported good experiences, others more like yours. I would have some concern that this long after assuring customers that the ongoing developmental bugs had been worked out and initiating what seems to be full-scale shipping people are still having problems just getting it loaded.

Please, tell us you didn't order off Ebay, though!

All the best.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:48 AM
yoyo22

Nope,,,A registered dealer.,,I called SC again today,,,According to the person I spoke to today, the unit is still in the "calibration" department. He took my number and is supposed to call back tomorrow with a little more insight????

I wonder!!! the week before I got this, I had the truck in for trans service,,and a trouble code,,,they did not say they flashed the puter,,,but , I wonder if I got a update.....They said the particular code I got on the flashpak has been popping up recently..

Old 10-20-2005, 02:54 PM
05BigBlackHemi

My SC came in today and I tried loading the program and didn't even get to the Performance Tuning Screen. I got a T-6D error. When I called to find out what that meant the guy said he wasn't sure but I would need to send it back to SC for updating. What a pain in the A$$!

YoYo22 - Please keep us updated.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:49 PM
biglg
Professional

Are you guys leaving your truck running? Key off? Key in run position but engine off??

Secondly, I have a question. Once you program your vehicle, return it to stock do you have to download the stock programming again, or is it in the superchips memory for good? In short, do I need to redownload the stock setting everytime? I am asking this without actually programming it to stock. So i guess i could try on my own, but I am sure someone can answer my question! Thanks guys.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
yoyo22

I was following the directions per the the unit display. I think the first time through reading stock was on off on(not start) then the second read is on off on...Which implys you start the truck on the second stock read,,which is then compared against the first read,,and matched up against the info the tuner says should be there. Either way, I asked if I was doing it right,,,and the tech told me,,,I would never have gotten the error message I got,,If I was doing it wrong.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
biglg
Professional

Maybe I programmed mine wrong, but it seemed to work fine. I never actually started the truck. I turned the key to the on position and off position, but never had the engine running. Is that incorrect? I also followed the instructions, but did I need to ever have the engine running?

Old 10-20-2005, 10:25 PM
yoyo22

Good question,,,,

Maybe mine was different because it was seeing a error,,,and wanted another read...Mine specifically went through the first (on off on,,do not start) sequence,,,then asked for the (on off on) sequence again,,then I got the t-42 error,,,I tried three times,,,then called,,told them exactly what I was doing and they said send it in,,the t-42 is a transmission mismatch error.

It sounds from reading others posts,,that if the process works properly there is on ly one (on off On) sequence during programming????????

Old 10-20-2005, 10:28 PM
biglg
Professional

I dont think so. I have only programmed mine one time, so the way to find out will be to do it again. But I am sure I remember going through the on to off, then again on to off. I am sure it was 2 times, it might have even been 3 times. But I never "started" the engine, just the key to the start position.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
yoyo22

I got to call Sc again tomorrow(gonna drive them insane) anyway I'll ask

Quick Reply: Problem with Superchips 3815