3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnaflow, Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, Borla, etc. What do you have? Lets hear them!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 01:16 PM
biglg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow, Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, Borla, etc. What do you have? Lets hear them!

I am a newbie to this site and I am not sure sound clips are possible. Everyone wants to know about exhausts, what sounds best, what the difference is in pipe size, location of the muffler, resonator off/on. If you have a Hemi engine; please if possible put a sound clip of the exhaust on this post. Make sure to let everyone know the setup, SI/SO, SI/DO, pipe size, muffler make and model, tips, cats on or off, etc. Also, mention other mods that might change the tone so everyone is clear. I am very interested to hear what everyone has. If clips aren’t available I apologize! I know that there are a lot of people like me who haven’t heard many different types. Magnaflow, Borla, Aero Turbine, Flowmasters, etc. Lets hear them all.

Old 10-21-2005, 06:57 PM
biglg
Professional
Default RE: Magnaflow, Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, Borla, etc. What do you have? Lets hear them!

I guess no one has these exhaust systems?

Old 10-22-2005, 07:09 PM
BOAZ632
Default RE: Magnaflow, Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, Borla, etc. What do you have? Lets hear them!

AT-3030 with stock res.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:02 PM
biglg
Professional

Boaz632,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any sound clips? Do you have a lot of cab noise/drone? Would you do anything different if you were to do it again? Thanks again for the reply.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:28 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

Alot of of older folks, no offense to anyone, (i have alot of respect for you all) like the mellow sound of magnaflows. However i personally own 50 series dual outlet exhuast on my hemi and it sounds incredible and i get many complements. It grows and screams when you want it to. Magnaflow is more mellow and quiet. Im young and perfer the loud obnoxious loudness to **** people off. If you have the money i would look into Borla though. Good quality system.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:50 AM
BOAZ632

ORIGINAL: biglg

Boaz632,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any sound clips? Do you have a lot of cab noise/drone? Would you do anything different if you were to do it again? Thanks again for the reply.

I don't have a sound clip but I can tell you that with this muffler and stock res there is no cabin drone. It is the perfect muffler for the HEMI. I have had ravin 55 & 77 series, Magnaflow, dynomax superturbo and spintech mufflers all on the same truck. I personnally think the Spintech XL muffler sounds a little better but I like the AT. Trust me YOU WILL LOVE THIS MUFFER!

Old 10-23-2005, 11:52 AM
BOAZ632

Send me your email address. I have a sound clip of an AT muffler without a res on a HEMI. my email address is: acole632@comcast.net

Old 10-23-2005, 04:41 PM
BOAZ632

YGM

Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

I have the Gibson exhaust that comes out before the rear tire. It sounds great. I got the stainless version, it got dunked in the ocean and doesn't look to bad from the salt water exposure.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:40 AM
BlueHemi
Veteran

See if this link to one of my earlier posts works .

https://dodgeforum.com/fb.asp?m=80538

Quick Reply: Magnaflow, Aero Turbine, Flowmaster, Borla, etc. What do you have? Lets hear them!