3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Key fob problems for 08 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Brittain Fields
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Key fob problems for 08 Dodge Ram 1500

My Key fob has stopped working properly. If i press the alarm button it will activate it, but the lock/unlock button does nothing anymore. I tried to re-program it awhile ago, but i believe i did it wrong. If anyone can inform me how to properly reprogram my fob and or suggest a different problem please let me know. thanks in advance!

Old 10-13-2014, 12:03 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Brittain Fields
My Key fob has stopped working properly. If i press the alarm button it will activate it, but the lock/unlock button does nothing anymore. I tried to re-program it awhile ago, but i believe i did it wrong. If anyone can inform me how to properly reprogram my fob and or suggest a different problem please let me know. thanks in advance!
Have you checked the battery and are both fobs not working? The owner's manual has info on the battery replacement for the key fob.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:03 AM
Brittain Fields
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late response. I only have 1 fob and its the key and fob in one remote. If i press the panic buttom it activates, but the lock/unlock buttons don't lock or unlock my truck. I don't have another fob.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Do the door locks work from the switches in the door panels?

Quick Reply: Key fob problems for 08 Dodge Ram 1500