3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

manual trans hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:17 AM
choadman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual trans hemi?

Ive never seen one and you can't build one on their website, but I had a seemingly knowledgeable salesman tell me that hemis are available with manual transmissions. HE was probably full of ****, but what do you guys think? I'm new and from Alaska btw.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Saint
Veteran
Default RE: manual trans hemi?

Only 2500 and 3500 Rams can get a Hemi with a Manual.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Yup. Only the HD trucks.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the six speed Getrag in mine and so far, no problems. The gated seem a little narrow at first but it didn't take long to get used to. If you do opt to go that route, first gear is syncho'd but extremely low (granny). I have the 3.73 gears in mine and until its time for new tires (a long way off), I don't use 1st to take off. When new tires go on, they'll be taller, so the lower 1st gear will be usable.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Avanti
Captain

Prior to ordering our '05 hemi in April of this year, I was told that one was found--but in northern IL somewhere. But, who knows what it really was.

Most of the time the dealers haven't a clue and seem to be the last to know what's what. I told our dealer that the '06s were changing and the 7/70 warranty would be dropped (explaining why ours had to be an '05 or nothing, when a problem with the order occurred); they didn't know. Nor did they know that the plant was shutdown for weeks while awaiting production of our truck, nor that I could track the order on-line with the dealer's order #. And, who could guess what else they are clueless about. Sheesh.

Were I selling something I'd make sure I knew as much as possible about it, or at least more than the most knowledgeable potential customer who drove on the lot! Not these clowns!

What duffi!

Quick Reply: manual trans hemi?