3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help! Loud vibration.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:35 PM
9OH!7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Loud vibration.

Hey guys, this is my first post so bare with me here. Anyways, a while back (june 26th to be exact) i hit a deer in my 2008 ram 1500 on the only highway on my island. Damn near totaling the front end, i was just barely able to get it fixed by the insurance company withount it being labled a total. It had to have a replacement on the whole bumper, radiator, ac system, and 1 fan blade. Anyways without getting too off topic, since ive gotten it back in august, two months to the date i wrecked it, ive been feeling a vibration from what feels like the front right wheel and i can also feel it through the gas pedal. Here is where it gets interesting though, i only feel/hear it and when i am going about 25 or over and when i have the stearing either straight forward or any angle to the right. To me it seems a lot like a bearing is going out. However, my dad tells me that it sounds like the tranny isnt shifting it out of 2nd. But the rpm's do not reflect that. Please help me, any help is greatly appreciated, i live in a tiny town where to get it to and from another town is at least $700 and to just get a diagnosis here is about $200 so i am trying every route before i go to that.

Quick Reply: Need help! Loud vibration.