3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dome and map lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 09:11 PM
amangevine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome and map lights not working

Hope someone can help. I am having issues with my map lights and dome light. I have checked all fuses and they are good. I replaced the headlight switch and the issues are still the same. The map light the one of the left hand side the button broke. ( I already ordered the wiring and new button) the other maplight will only come on when you push it. None of these lights come on when you open any of the doors. From what I have read it could be the door actuator for the door ajar sensor. But to me it doesn't seem like that would be the problem seeing how they don't come on when any of the doors are opened. Any ideas?

Old 12-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do they come on when you turn the interior light dial all the way up...? (if yes then your dial isn't set to turn the lights on when the doors are open)

Also, there is a click just before they turn on, that is how you activate them to turn on when the doors open...

Quick Reply: Dome and map lights not working