3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater does not blow onto floor

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup go to www.heatertreater.net and watch their videos.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:10 PM
dss56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2004 quad cab. Problem on mine was no defrost/feet it was broke in between.

I chose not to remove the dash and do it the other way.
I took lower dash out, cup holder, glove compartment,radio.
Then you will see a large metal bracket which I cut out in a way it could be re-connected with sheet metal and screws.
Then I cut out the area where my mode door was located, removed the motor and then made a white marked pattern as to where to cut the plastic plenum where the door is. Cut plenum and mode door was in there broken in 2 pieces.
All this directions can be had on the heatertreater site. Just mark the plenum and get a dremel tool and cut. Then I reinstalled the new door and there will be one screw you will be able to hold the cutout area, then get some rtv silicone and seal it up let dry dont use heater/blower.

Took me about 3-4 hours and works great. I know some dont like to do it this way but did not have to remove the dash. Ac evacuate and heater core.

I made little sheet metal brackets and screwed the large metal bracket that you will cut to get out of the way and screwed it all back together, good as new.
If it happens again not much to take apart and install a new door.
The heatertreater door should last a long time.

Good Luck

Old 01-06-2015, 08:07 AM
r_rickerman

Thanks for the info.
I did look at the heatertreater video and was very enlightening.
Appreciate everyone's input and help.
Sure is nice you can count on solid advice from this forum

Old 01-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Buggsy
Professional

I did not want to cut a hole in my duct, so I just went without heat for a while. Then I played around any found I could use a 3/8 wooden dowel to push the broken door up a bit. Last spring my heater core started to leak, so I knew I couldn't avoid taking the dash apart. It was a 12 hour job, including time to run out and buy a knew A/C disconnect tool, and time spent thoroughly cleaning the duct and A/C Evap core, and replace the doors. I did have to have the A/C discharged and recharged for about $130. In the end, I'm glad I did it the right way rather than the easy way. I feel better about the fix anyways. If it wasn't the mode 2 door, I probably would have cut a hole and just replaced it. For all the work that goes into the "easy" way of replacing the mode 2 door, it's half way to just doing it right and replacing all the doors.

Quick Reply: Heater does not blow onto floor